Our faculty are engaged in innovative interdisciplinary research, scholarship, and creative activity. Find out about individual faculty interests in our Faculty Directory, or follow the links below.
Creativity and Culture
- Brickman, Barbara, Ph.D. (University of Rochester): Gender Studies, American Popular Culture, Film Theory, and Cultural Studies.
- Caputo, Jennifer, M.A. (Wesleyan): Ethnomusicology; Ghanaian Music & Dance; Arts Activism.
- Dewar, Andrew Raffo, Ph.D. (Wesleyan): Ethnomusicology; Jazz; Experimental Art & Culture; Improvisation.
- Hopson, Holland M.F.A (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute): Art & Music Technology; Digital Making; Arts Entrepreneurship.
- Pirkle, Amy, M.F.A. (University of Alabama): Creativity, Design, Book Arts, Traditional Animation.
- Roach, Catherine, Ph.D. (Harvard): Gender, Sexuality, & Popular Culture; Food Studies; Creative Writing.
- Trost, Theodore, Ph.D. (Harvard): Religion & Popular Culture; Art of Song; 1960s.
Social Problems and Social Change
- Adams, Natalie Ph.D. (Louisiana State University): Sociology of Education; Gender & Education; School Desegregation.
- Blair, Bruce, D.A. (Idaho State University): Leadership Studies; Public Administration; Energy Policy.
- Colburn, Kim, Ph.D. (University of Alabama): Holocaust & Genocide Studies; Social Movements; Civil Rights.
- Galbraith, Marysia, Ph.D. (University of California-San Diego): Cultural Anthropology; Identity, Heritage, & Memory.
- Miller, Miller, J.D. (University of Alabama): Creativity; Law & Society.
- Griffith Spears, Ellen, Ph.D. (Emory University): Environmental Public Health; Civil Rights; Social Justice.
- Willis, Vincent, Ph.D. (Emory): Democracy & Public Education; Youth Activism; Social Movements.
Environment, Sustainability, and Conservation
- Cherry, Julia, Ph.D. (University of Alabama): Environmental & Interdisciplinary Sciences; Ecology.
- Connell, Leah, M.S. (East Carolina University): Environmental Science; Sustainability; Science Education.
- Elliott, Emily, Ph.D. (University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill): Coastal Geomorphology; Climate & Watershed Sciences; Coastal Hazards; Geology.
- Espy-Brown, Amanda, Ph.D. (University of Florida): Geography; Geology; Health & Development Studies.
- Jones, Scott, Ph.D. (East Carolina University): Ecology; Humans & Nature; Conservation Biology.
- Steinberg, Michael, Ph.D. (Louisiana State University): Geography; Conservation; Endangered Species.