- MFA, Book Arts, The University of Alabama
- BA, Studio Art, Mercer University
Amy Pirkle established Perkolator Press in 2005 and received her MFA in book arts from The University of Alabama in 2007, where she has been teaching book arts, design, and interdisciplinary studies since 2007.
She has also taught letterpress at the Penland School of Crafts in North Carolina and worked as a freelance printer at Pace Prints in New York. She is also an instructor for Bluprint (formerly Craftsy), and her flipbook classes will be available through their website in late 2018. Her work resides in over 50 permanent collections across the United States including the Art Institute of Chicago, the Meridian Museum of Art, and Yale University’s Robert B. Haas Special Collections.
- ART 110 (Drawing 1)
- ART 130 (Design 1)
- NEW 212 (Creativity Seminar)
- NEW 338/339 (New College Review)
- NEW 490 (Book Arts Exploration)
- UH 210 (History of the Book)
- UH 210 (Book Arts Techniques and Aesthetics)